Friday, February 5, 2010

Jeylin's 100-Day Project

Yesterday was the kids' 100th day of school for the 2009-10 school year.  This usually falls during Catholic Schools Week and the kids enjoy lots of fun activities and crazy dress-up days at school.

This year, I decided to help the kids make really fun and interesting projects.  I forgot to take a picture of Jordyn's project so this is just Jeylin's post.  Jordyn gave her project to her BFF Maddie so when I get a chance, I'll have her bring it down so I can take a picture of it...she only lives next door :)

All 100-day projects need to be created using 100 of some item.  The most common project I think is fruit loop necklaces, paperclip strings and other stuff.  This year, Jeylin and I decided to use pasta...oh and not just any pasta, but big pieces of rigatoni.  And what would a 100-day project be without coloring added...well, just plain boring.  So, we colored 100 pieces of rigatoni in each of the following four colors (25 per color)...

RED
YELLOW
GREEN
BLUE

Then all of the finished pieces were strung onto an extra long piece of orange rope.  Here are two pictures of the finished project and the wonderfully elated 5 year old who was so proud of his craftiness...




2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Thanks for commenting today! How funny that our mom's handwriting is so similar!

You have a beautiful family.

Blessings,
SnoWhite

Neals said...

For some reason the 1st pic didn't come up. Weird but the second one made me sad because Jeylin looks HUGE! my oh my....anyways he looks like he had some fun.