Thursday, October 7, 2010

Catch-Up...Cuz I was Yelled At!!

I'm not sure anyone still reads this...except for my Mom...who, after yelling at me for an update will hopefully enjoy this...*wink*wink*  Well, obviously I have been vacant from the blogging scene for an incredibly long amount of time.  It's called life, very, very, very busy life.  But, 'nuf said, how about an update.

Last time, I was going through trying to chronologically update and while I would still like to do that, I just simply don't have the time...especially since the last post that mattered was talking about events from last November...11 months ago!!!  Sooo, I will still update but I'm going to list all the new events in this post and pick and choose some of my favorite moments to devote an entire post too...sound good?  Well, who cares...no one reads this anymore anyway right?

So here goes (at least as much as I remember)...

Thanksgiving 2009
Celebrated at my parents house with the family.  It was a very nice, very tasty celebration.  I love spending the holidays on the Farm :)

Christmas 2009
Celebrated at our house again for the very first time without my parents.  This year was the Nielson family Christmas.  All of the kids made it home for the holidays.  Even Kasey and Laura surprised us all with an impromptu visit.  It was nice to have us all together.

January 2010
Started a diet yet AGAIN...to get in better condition for my brother's upcoming wedding to the most wonderful girl EVER, Brittny Behler!!!  We just love her.

February 2010
Jeylin turned 6!!  We celebrated his party at 360 Gymnastics & Cheer.  He had such a BLAST!!  He loves football and so he decided on an Indianapolis Colts party which was great since we had a lot of supplies left over from the Super Bowl that I really would rather not talk about at this moment.  Yep, still a little bitter.  Anyway, he invited all of his classmates and they had a great time running, jumping, swinging, and of course eating cake.  I will post more on this later.

March 2010
Bradley's Grandma Opal passed away this month.  It was sad but at the same time nice to know that she had moved on to a better place.  The family got together once again minus two sister-in-laws and 4 grandchildren.  We had a good time considering...especially telling stories of Opal.

April 2010
Easter was spent at our house with Brad's parents.  We had a great dinner of ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, citrus roasted asparagus, green bean casserole, rolls & dessert.  We were also blessed with a new nephew this month.  Parker Ray Nielson was born :)  He is so cute and pudgy...just love it.  It was neat to finally see Sam as a daddy.  You can check him out more by checking out Amy's site here.

May 2010
We had the Holy Family School Auction this month.  It went very well.  I was in charge of data entry (along with my great friend Anne) so we had actually been working night and day since February to get everything entered perfectly.  It went off with only a few glitches but nothing we couldn't handle.

June 2010
Can't remember!!  The kids were out of school this month so maybe that accounts for my lack of memories...haha!

July 2010
Border Days in Grangeville as usual!  It's awesome!  Unfortunately this year, my entire family except Bradley, got sick on the day of the 4th.  Food poisoning or some nasty flu bug.  Since the 4th was on a Sunday, we had planned on coming home for the fireworks rather than watch them in Grangeville.  Brad's brothers Kasey and Sam, and his sister Jodi came over to celebrate...but, I stayed in bed the entire day.  I did manage to group together enough energy to partake in the fireworks show but that was about it.  July 31st, my mom and I threw a baby shower for Brittny!  It was a lot of months in the works and the only downside (not exactly small either) is that it was an outdoor party and downpour hit at starting time.  Brittny was able to see it all put together as we would have wanted it but then we had to quickly move it indoors to celebrate in the garage.  I'll post more on this later.

August 2010
This was a big month!  Jordyn turned 9.  We celebrated with a slumber party with three other girls.  It was a bunch of fun.  I lost my job too.  Yup, that was fun.  I'm glad to be done with that place but just wish they would have had a little more tact in the way they dealt with it.  We had a family (minus Kierra) vacation to Silverwood.  The kids had a blast.  Didn't like the coasters, loved the water slides and of course, spending the night in a hotel and doing school shopping the next day too :)  And FINALLY, school started!!!  The kids changed schools this year too.  They are now enrolled at Asotin Elementary.  They are having a great time.

September 2010
We were blessed with the MOST beautiful niece this month.  Finally, my baby brother is a daddy...[tear]  Isabella Brooklyne Mundt was born on the 9th.  She weighed 6lbs 9oz and is absolutely perfect!  Definitely look for a post on this one.  Lookout world, I started selling Scentsy.  If any of you are not familiar, click here!!  I absolutely LOVE these products!!  They smell so great, last for so long and are stylish to boot.  Check them out NOW...heehee :)  Also, on the 24th, our family lost one of the greatest people ever.  My Uncle Allen passed away.  He was the embodiment of the power of positive thinking.  I will also be posting more on this later.

So pretty much, that's it in a nutshell.  Since we are just starting October, I'm not adding that in here.  I will definitely try to become a more disciplined blogger :-)  For those of you who do read this {Mom}, let me know if I missed anything.  I'm sure I did as I can't even remember what I did yesterday...let alone 6 months ago.  Hopefully though, this finds all of you in good health.  Until next time...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Great update - but no pics :(
Glad to see you blogging again. Hope all gets better with the Nielson 5!

Laura said...

Hooray for an update! I still read your blog--when you post stuff, that is.

Unknown said...

Ditto Laura!

Neals said...

I AM SOOOO GLAD YOUR BACK! I also check your blog too... so good job on your mom's part for yelling at you! Now I am going to yell at you for not posting pictures. Get it done! haha Oh and good job with the time line. I think you caught everything on our side of the family atleast!

Neals said...

Ok! Are you really going to make us wait another year for some Nielson5 love? You're killing me!