Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brittny's Baby Shower

I have ALWAYS wanted to throw a baby shower and never had the opportunity...until I found out Brittny was expecting!  I begged and begged for her to let me and she was generous enough to cave and let me do it...thanks Britt!!!

Since her and Brad were not finding out what they were having, I had a challenge ahead of me....so, I recruited my wonderfully talented mother as back-up :)  We decided on just a general "baby" theme and we had SO much fun!!  We even took a girls trip to Spokane to shop for supplies.  Thanks Britt for giving us a reason to do this because it was the very first time we had ever done anything with just the two of us and it was awesome!

We had quite the extravagant event planned in Mom's back yard...that is, until it decided to downpour on us.  Unfotunately, we had to move it into the garage but...it still was a ton of fun.  Celebrating with Britt's wonderful family and all our great friends, we enjoyed fabulous food and great hilarity.  I did manage to sneak a few pictures though before the rain hit so here you go.

Also, as a little "PLUG", my Mother and I absolutely LOVE planning parties so if anyone is ever in need, please give us a call and we'll work something out.  As well, my mom is trying to get into doing Candy Buffets for all types of events.  Look her up if you're ever in the need.  Okay, enough with the shameless plug, here's some pics...I would have added more but for some reason, I can't find all of them...

Here is the invitation which I made using Paint program (hadn't yet gotten Photoshop)



The centerpieces on the tables.
These doubled as gifts for the Mom-to-Be and when looked at from the walkway into the party, the word "BABY" was written out. 

Brittny & the Cake
Cake was made by Cakes by Marcella
This lady is AWESOME!!  I sent her a picture and she created this masterpiece!  Just look at the detail work below...


All buttons & clothes were handmade out of fondant!  I recommend this lady to anyone who loves fondant work...and, it tasted better than any fondant I have ever had.  She said it's because she uses the same kind that Duff from Ace of Cakes uses!  Seriously amazing!!! 

Mom's Candy Buffet

Ooooh Yum!

These Whirly Pops were awesome!

Seriously speaking everyone...this shower was a ton of work and took two months to plan but let me tell you, despite the work and the rain, it was so worth it.  My whole goal was to make Brittny feel like a Queen.  We are so incredibly blessed to have her as part of our family and I would do this 100 times over just to see the smile on her face.  She is so beautiful and I am so thankful to call her my sister-in-law!

And, for those who are wondering...it was a Girl!  I'll post more on that later :)

2 comments:

CJ said...

Holy smokes, fancy shmancy! I'm gonna be planning baby shower this next summer, and you better bet I will be taking a look at your blog for ideas! Wish you lived closer so I could hire you! Beautiful work ladies!

miss cat lady said...

hi, i enjoy reading this post of yours. love the pictures you put up in this post. and i am also a cat lover. Callie is just cute. :)
~:: Ayesha , from Malaysia ::~