Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Updates

Okay, so I was going to go back and update each month however, time has gotten away from me yet again. Therefore, I will be wrapping everything up in one long package!!


January: January found me working 7 days a week. I did this for 7 weeks in a row! It was incredibly exhausting but the pay was good. I have since gone back to my 5 day a week schedule although, I think I burnt myself out and now just wish I could go back to being a stay-at-home mommy.


February: As stated below, February was a very busy month. We celebrated Valentine's Day although honestly, I can't remember what we did for it. All throughout the month, Jordyn continued to practice for her role in Father Tom's adaptation of Sleeping Beauty. There were four productions this year which ran from the 19th to the 22nd. At the end of the month, we celebrated Jeylin's 5th birthday with a big bash at McDonald's for all his school friends and then a family get-together afterwards at our house.


March: Soccer practices started this month. Four practices a week and two games every Saturday until May! I got lucky because they did practice one night at almost the same time at the same place...you know, the whole "two birds with one stone" idea. We also had dentist appointments this month. Following along with the "birds", all three kids were seen on the same day! I was a little nervous because this was the first time any of them had seen a dentist. I was really lax about it because my mom, a dental assistant, always looked at their teeth. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about! They had great teeth with no problems to report!!! It's a good thing they love to brush their teeth! Last year at our annual Holy Family Auction, Father Tom, my friend Anne Ketola, and myself auctioned off two birthday parties for kids. These were geared towards younger kids with around 8 guests and all the fixings. Last year, we brought in $250/each for a total of $500 for the school! We had the first party set for March 21st. It was for a little girl in Jeylin's class. All three of us helped with the decorations, Anne made the food and I decorated the cake...I'll post pictures later too. It turned out fantastic!! That same day, was my Grandmother's 85th birthday! We had a large family party at Roosters Landing. It was a busy, busy day but tons of fun! Spring Break started March 28th and we lucked out because Bradley was able to take the entire week off with the kids.

April: On April 1st, I started my personal training sessions at Gold's Gym. This lady is awesome! She has really been incredibly professional, unlike the last so-called trainer I had. I have really enjoyed spending time with her and getting back in the gym. April 3rd, Brad and I headed out to Spokane for an adults weekend away! We needed a break and it was AWESOME! For Easter, we split the day with our two families. We went to church in the morning all decked out in our Easter dresses and suits. After church we headed to my Aunt Marie's house for dinner. It was fabulous. Afterwards, Brad and I headed to his parent's house for even more dinner. Brad's brother Sam and his wife Amy were down visiting and it was nice to see them as well. April 18th was the second installment of our Birthday auction. This was a little more challenging because it was for a 13 year old. We went with a Garden Tea Party theme and I must say, it turned out beautifully!

So there, all the updates for the past few months. May will have it's own post since there is already so much to write. Thanks to everyone for being so patient and I hope you all are still reading this.

3 comments:

Alaina said...

I have to admire your energy to take on this kind of schedule for months on end!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

:) You are one busy woman! Sounds like you did get to have some good tiems in there too.. Adults weekend.. man oh man.. Im looking forward to one of those.. haha just becasue I spent 2 hours in the car with jaci & korry & she was so so so sad korry & i couldn't hear eachother to talk.. those darn teeth are coming in.. i hope thry come soon so she can feel good and be happy again!

Becky said...

I forget where you work, Brandi?