Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Marriage Blessing Ceremony

Yesterday was a splendid day! As posted before, it took me a lot to get ready for this day but it wouldn't matter what I had to do, it was worth it. I have waited a little over 7 years for this day to come and a little over 1 in making it happen. Yesterday, October 11, 2008, Bradley and I had our marriage blessed in the Catholic Church. For most, this might seem like a simple thing but for me it was quite the process. I'll spare you with all the details but the good part is that I finally am back as a full parishioner in the Catholic church and I feel COMPLETE in every sense of the word. But, as you know, with wonderful "weddings" come even more-wonderful receptions!!! We outfitted our entire back yard with the whole shabam. Yes, we would have liked to been able to have the party a couple months ago when the weather was warmer than 57 degrees but hey, we had to wait until bonus time!! Anyway, we had it all! A large canopy covering 6 decorated tables, colorful Chinese lanterns, candles on the tables, a patio heater (definitely a necessity), a cooler of pop for the kids and another necessity, a large trough filled with beer and ice for the rest of the party-goers. It was potluck style with Bradley tending the barbecue and the rest of us catering with salads, bean dishes and finger foods. For dessert it was cheesecake with three topping choices for the adults and frosted cupcakes for the kids. We spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening outdoors, bundled up with many great friends and family members and Bradley even kept the party going after hours with his friends Shane and Chris and my brother Brad. I think he made it to bed around 1:00am. It was a wonderful day and even though it was mighty cold, we stayed warm with great love and wonderful support from all our guests!!! Here are a couple pictures from our blessing...
Bradley putting my ring on my finger
Me struggling to put his ring on
The perfect end to a perfect ceremony
Us with Father Tom

1 comment:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Brandi.. I love reading your blog:) I finally got time today, believe it or not I have been busy workin:) I am catching up on your life almost a month late:) Im sorry... SOOOOOOO I am glad to hear that you & Brad are happy:) Do you have pictures from the reception?? I would love to see your backyard all decked out.. I bet it was beautiful:) Did both of your families help you celebrate???? Im going to read the rest of your blog and catch up on your life:) sorry ive been such a slacker:) xoxo