Monday, November 17, 2008

For My Little Birthday Girl


Wow, what an incredibly FAST year we have had. I honestly can't believe that my baby girl is one today. I have been sooo close to crying today that I'm not sure I'm even going to make it through this post. If only they could stay this little forever.

On Friday, November 16th, I went in for my 39 week appointment. My family had been struggling for quite a while with my Grandfather's health and several other issues that I asked my doctor if she wouldn't mind inducing me so that I could be with them just in case something happened and, I didn't want to eat Thanksgiving dinner in the hospital...Kierra was due on Black Friday of 2007. Anyway, my doctor told me that I was able for induction being at 39 weeks and she was scheduled to be on-call the following day and I could do it then if I wanted. I was so incredibly excited...until I got home and then the nervousness sunk in. This would be my first induction. Brad and I weighed our options and talked about everything. We liked that we would be able to get our house in order, get someone to watch the kids, call in for Brad's time off from work and be completely rested before the BIG arrival and so, we called the doctor and scheduled the appointment for the following morning, November 17th at 6:00am. Beforehand, the doctor had given me all the possible details, including the fact that I might not start pushing for 12 hours after the administering of the medication...but, oh well I thought. We called all our family members, made the arrangements for the other two kids, cleaned the house, packed our bags, called and told work and then settled in for a very needed yet uneasy night of sleep.

I'll spare you all of the "hospital" details but, we were finally blessed with the fifth member of our family, Kierra Lee Nielson, at 3:29pm on November 17, 2007. She weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 1.5 oz and was 21" long.

She was soooo adorable, of course, which newborn baby's mother doesn't think that?? Right away, she was a mellow baby and yes, she even slept through the night the first night in the hospital!!! We couldn't believe it...unfortunately, that trait did not last very long. She has since been our mellow child, and people are honestly shocked if they ever hear her cry. Let me reassure all of you folks though, she does have a good set of lungs on her! We've been through so much with her the past year and rather than bore you with the "in-type" version, we'll guide you through it in pictures.


Those pictures pretty much get you caught up to the date I started my blog. I may have some more but would have to search through my box of CDs in order to find all of them. I'll post Birthday party pictures on another post. Well, I guess there is just one more thing to say...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so darling. I love that when ever we come visit, the first thing she does when I hold her is give me a hug and just cuddles with me for a while. Its like she remembers her Auntie. It melts my heart every time. I love you very much Kierra!

Becky said...

Happy B-lated Birthday!!!

fifth member? What are all your kids names and ages again....I think I am missing one....?