Thursday, May 20, 2010

Again with the Month-Long Absense...Geesh!

Goodness, I'm such a slacker!!!  I really need to kick myself in the rear and do much better at updating this more often.  I doubt there are any of you left out there.

Well, a few posts ago, I mentioned that I needed to add pictures of Jeylin's 6th birthday and do an Easter post.  I think I will combine those and then try to add a couple more posts later of the happenings since oh, probably last year!!!

Again, for those who don't know or don't remember the last ancient post I did, Jeylin's 6th birthday party was spent at 360 Gymnastics here in Clarkston.  Great place, great staff & such an easy party idea!!!  The adults just sit back and watch someone else entertain the large group (up to 16) children...or, if wanted, they may join in on the fun too :-)  Jeylin wanted a Indianapolis Colts party...it turned out way cute!  See....
His cake
{the field was provided by Costco sans color}
{the football was copied from a cake I found on the internet.  I loved the way it turned out}

A close-up

The Guests
{L to R: Riley, Lane, Makayla, Giada, Nicole, Abby, Jordyn, Chassidy, Maddie, Braeden, Jeylin, Ben, Nate & Gabe}

Jeylin & his best buddie Braeden

Jeylin & his cousin Giada

Couldn't pass this one up...it is sooo stinking cute!
Jeylin & Abby

This year, I hosted Easter dinner with Brad's parents.  My mom had just gotten back from visiting my uncle and aunt in Las Vegas late Saturday night so they did not attend.  Since both Brad and I had to work on Monday, we just decided to stay home.  This was the first time I had ever prepared an ENTIRE Easter dinner...a monumental experience...even though there were only 7 of us in attendance.  My mother-in-law did bring dessert and it was fabulous...Strawberry shortcake of course.  Our menu was as follows.

Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Citrus Roasted Asparagus Spears
Sweet Corn
Marshmallow-Pineapple Salad
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Strawberry Shortcake

It was a great, tasty & fun dinner!  Next step to conquer...either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner...whichever seems less daunting.  Then eventually, both :-)  Okay well, enough for this post.  I will try to get a few more posts added today to make up for my month-long disappearance.

Thanks to all who might still be reading about us :-)

No comments: