Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seattle trip...revisited.

I noticed that I didn't finish the posts for our entire Seattle trip...how crazy of me huh?  I guess once you see the Crab Pot, everything else just pales in comparison.  So, here is a quick final run-down of Day #2 from our first family vacation...

After the Crab Pot, we went home to sleep off our fabulous dinner...but of course, in true Nielson family style, it didn't go quite as melancholy-ish as it sounds.  After dinner, Brad realized that our parking pass was about 10 minutes or so shy of expiring so off he took, on a dead run up the streets of Seattle, heading toward the Tram.  I had told him the kids and I would be behind him and we'd meet him back at the Space Needle since our City Pass Book allowed us a chance to go to the top at night too.  Once he left, I thought to myself..."What in the HELL was I thinking?"  Me, traveling the streets of Seattle....alone...in the early hours of the evening...with one stroller and two kids in tow...seriously????  Apparently Crab Pot feasts make a person feel like they are invincible...definitely making a mental note of that for the next time we eat there.  You know, the type that goes something like this..."Note to self: Eating large quantities of seafood do not make you less-vulnerable to muggings nor does it empower you with superhero capabilities."  Well, too late now since Brad was already out of ear-shot and besides, I was pretty sure I remembered the way back.

I was right, I did remember the way except for one small detour.  Instead of taking the elevator up from the pier which would take me directly to Pike Place, I took one a few blocks done so I had to walk up and take another elevator.  On a much more pleasant note, I was completely amazed by how kind most people were when they saw a frazzled country girl dragging three kids along from elevator to elevator.  Once we made it to the mall to get on the Tram, I was beat from the uphill push of a stroller.  We stood in line for our turn and met a very nice couple with their two daughters.  The guy was so incredibly polite he helped get us in the Tram and settled...even meaning he had to sit away from his family because it was PACKED!  I was very grateful for his help.  We made it back safe and sound and met Bradley right off the bat.  Boy was I glad to see him.  Since we were both so tired from that significant venture, we decided to see the Space Needle the following night.  So, we headed for the hotel and a good night's sleep.

No comments: