Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Day of Boating Fun Part IV...Brad & Brandi

Now it's the time for the big kids' posting!! We had a blast being on the river. I was a little nervous at first simply because I had forgotten what it feels like to be on a boat. That smooth gliding motion over the water...even though you're safe...it just feels a little uneasy. It all went away as soon as we reached the Park. I didn't really want to do much tubing or wake-boarding but Jordyn really wanted me to so I decided I would try it. I managed to stay on the tube the entire time even with our wonderful Captain trying to trick me up...it was a great upper body work out. I also tried wake-boarding but was completely unsuccessful. My ankles kept coming out of the bindings but it didn't really matter because I wasn't able to get myself in an upright position anyway...but, I did try it!!!



Bradley was the first to go tubing. Mr. Captain wasn't as easy-going with him as he may have been later in the day with me and at one point, Bradley flipped over. He did really well though and you could tell he was having the time of his life.
Wake-boarding was a little different story. He, like me, couldn't get himself upright the first several times he tried and eventually gave up because you can only hold onto the rope so many times before your hands start to blister and your arm muscles burn. Later on, he tried again and was finally able to get up. The kids were so excited to see their dad gliding across the water.


Even though I'm sure the Lee's don't read this blog, I would like them to know that we are ever so grateful they took us out on a wonderfully exciting day. What was expected to be a day of sitting around turned into an adventure we'll never forget. Thanks for bringing back the memories for Bradley and I and for giving our children their first experiences on a boat. We will never be able to repay you for your kindness (especially with gas prices as they are) but we will most definitely try. We can only hope there will be many more trips like this to come.

No comments: