Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

Well, it's official...my baby girl is growing up. My sweet baby girl Jordyn turned 7 yesterday and had her first official sleepover! Of course, what would a sleepover of all girls do for my little man, Jeylin but leave him left to torment them so I decided he could have a friend over as well. Crazy, I know!! It all kicked off on Friday afternoon at 1:30. The kids and I headed to the Boys & Girls Club to pick up Makayla and then to Tendercare Daycare to pick up Braeden, her younger brother. This arrangement actually works out wonderfully because Makayla and Braeden are the same difference in age as Jordyn and Jeylin which probably means double sleepovers from here on out. At 3:30, my mom arrived to join in on the celebrations and help to keep the masses entertained. Since Jordyn's party wasn't until 5:30 that night, we had a little time to get things set up. At 4:15, another 7 year old girl arrived, Kendyll.
The weekend had officially begun. We had beautiful, hot and still weather all day until of course it was party time and then the winds picked up. We spent most of the party trying to keep everything from flying away but all-in-all, it was a fun outing. We celebrated Jordyn's birthday this year at Beachview Park. We were lucky to have the party early enough, we didn't need to compete for the playground or the covered picnic area. We enjoyed a wonderful BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs...provided by Bradley and a lovely Costco cake which I might add, the five kids decorated before the party (I was feeling a little lazy this year).It doesn't look incredibly appetizing...but, Kierra loved it
At 7:30, it was time to come home and have some fun. I had bought a lot of craft things for the kids to do. Each one got a white t-shirt and iron-on transfers. The girls also had canvas bags and puffy fabric paint and purple bags and stickers to decorate them with. We did the boys' shirts Friday night since Braeden was going to be picked up early on Saturday. They were so excited and so stinking cute.

The boys were sent to bed around 10:00 and the girls were able to stay up until 11:00. The next morning, the girls were awake at 7:30 and ready for breakfast. After Braeden was picked up, the girls started on their crafts and fun. Another classmate of theirs turned 7 the same day as Jordyn so I had all three of them until her party which was at 2:00. It was a long day but it was fun. They are all such wonderful kids and I wouldn't hesitate to have the same group back anytime. I didn't get many pictures taken because of either the wind or the fact that I had six children in the house all weekend. I also would like to point out that my beautiful niece Jaycee shares her birthday with Jordyn. She turned 18!!! Seven years ago, we just had no idea what to get her for her birthday so we decided that Jordyn could be her present. I am so incredibly proud of her and love her as if she were one of my own. She is incredibly beautiful, hard-working and talented and I know that she can do and be anything she could ever dream of.
Happy Birthday to both of my August girls
Jordyn & Jaycee.

No comments: