Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bassinet Speed Racing

I decided that since I am going to be staying in the guest bedroom/office at my parents' house for the next two weeks, I was going to help my mom out by organizing it. In order to do this however, she needs to sort through A LOT of paperwork and stuff...but, she's in a completely different room on the opposite end of the hallway. So, in the corner of the office, there was an old bassinet we had used for Kierra a couple of times. In the office, it's main job is once again, storage. I decided that it would be easiest to load it up as much as I could, wheel it into Mom's room, unload it and let her sort things into boxes and whenever the bassinet was empty, I'd go back for another load. During one of those moments, Kierra started getting crabby. Since the bassinet was almost empty, I put the rest of the stuff on the bed and sat her in it next to my side of the bed and gently rolled it back and forth. She absolutely loved being in it. When it was time to start dinner, she was still amused so I wheeled her down the hallway and into the kitchen to watch her. When I got on the tile floor, the bassinet rolled even faster and she laughed and giggled so much it was darling. Jordyn and Jeylin thought this was wonderful entertainment and thus decided to push her around the house. She had the largest smile on her face and at times, giggled hysterically. Here's a video of the whole event even though, Kierra was more mesmerized by the camera and therefore didn't smile or giggle but it's still funny...

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's awesome! Whatever keeps the kiddies entertained.

You are so good to be helping your mom out so much.

Amy Nielson said...

That's hilarious! Kierra looks like she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry! And Jordyn and Jeylin are just so proud of themselves!

The Nielson Clan said...

The funny thing is that Kierra was having such a blast but because I was filming it, she decided to go all "Uncle Sam" on us and not smile :)