Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Surprise Guest

Imagine this setting...last night, I'm sitting in the living room, watching tv, munching down on some lemon cookies when Bradley comes in from outside with a sand bucket in his hand. I can tell there is something in it and he says..."Look what I just found in the garage?" Instantly, I'm thinking it's a mouse or some other hideous creature that likes to lurk around in dirty places. I can't believe he brought it in the house. He starts walking to me and I yell at him to get away because then I'm thinking...maybe he is trying to scare me and he brought a snake in the house. Of course, I'm sure he's smarter than that because if that were to happen, he would be packing his bags and moving out immediately...nope, better yet, he would be leaving and I would pack his bags and send them to him! I gather that he was sensing all this emotion from me so he said, "Calm down, it's just a frog...but look at the size of it!" I could tell from the shadow in the bucket that it wasn't anything small...you know, like those little tiny frogs that always seem to be around. As I got up to look at it, I realized that it looked more like a frog you would see at my parents' pond...a stow-away maybe?? But, seeing as it rained all day yesterday I'm sure it just got confused and as for being in the garage....it was such a large frog, maybe it was going in there to feast on whatever food was on hand. Anyway, I took a couple pictures of it to share and just to let all of you know, this wasn't one of those small buckets. Oh and by the way, Brad did suggest that it was big enough to cook and eat....EWWWW!! Don't worry, he let him go in our neighbors' back yard.

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

I think it's hilarious Brad caught that monster and took it inside to show you! I guess our Nielson men will always be boys at heart! At least I hope so :)

You guys are lucky that ginormous creature didn't take a flying leap and wind up a house guest!! Ick.

Anonymous said...

So reading the begining of your story I was really nervous for you. I was thinking it was a snake as well and i that case I would have done the same thing to Jason and moved him out! But that frog is a monster. Do you think it came from your backyard neighbors with the pool? Just a thought I had.