Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Unbelievable

You know, it hit me the other day, I can't believe that it's been 7 years since I had my first baby girl. Well, almost 7 years anyway...she will be celebrating the lucky #7 next Saturday, the 2nd of August. What is even crazier than that....my niece Jaycee's birthday is the same day...and boy, how old do I feel when I have to tell people that she is turning 18!!!! It's been a crazy 7 years let me tell you. We've managed to pull through the tough times and take wonder in all the amazing things that have happened to us. In those short 7 years, we witnessed the terror of 9/11 (I was feeding Jordyn on the couch at my in-laws when that happened), moved into an apartment actually on September 12th of that year, said good-bye to a grandmother, and two grandfathers, had Jeylin, bought a house, got a dog, gave said dog away, got a cat, had Kierra...well, you get the point, the list just keeps going and going. My baby girl has been a flower girl at least four times, she is entering the second grade on August 25th, she starred in her first play this past February, and also played in her second season of t-ball. I still remember the day I found out I was pregnant and the incredibly long labor of having her. But all in all, it will be remembered as 7 of the most wonderful years our family has had. Here's to the next lucky 7. Happy Birthday Week my sweet Jordyn Alexis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also happy you guys had your little girl, Jordyn. I love her more than you may know. I brought with me her bday present home last time, so make sure Nana Barry remembers to give it to her. Thanks for letting me be an Auntie the sweetest little girl. loves loves loves